Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lost in Italy by Stacey Joy Netzel - Book Review

An entertaining and intriguing romantic suspense by Ms. Stacey. 

A short summary from goodreads - 
 


 Halli Sanders spent two years planning the trip of a lifetime to Italy. Her itinerary did not include being stranded by her siblings, kidnapped by a sexy American movie star, dodging bullets, or fleeing criminals in a car chase around Lake Como. And that's just in the first three hours. 
 
Trent Tomlin put his movie career on hold to investigate his brother's murder-ruled-suicide at his Italian villa. He's closing in on the suspects when an American tourist unwittingly films the murder of the retired cop helping him. The killers will stop at nothing to get the evidence--including holding Halli's family as collateral.

Thrust into the role of real-life hero, Trent finds himself falling for the Plain Jane whose beauty blossoms with every challenge they face. But how can he keep the evidence from the murderers to get justice for his brother and friend without betraying Halli and her family?



First thing I would like to mention is the wonderful work done by the author. I enjoyed her writing and the characters she has created. I know, the story is completely fictional and unrealistic - romance between a movie star and an ordinary girl but, the author made the situations in the book so believable, you would definitely love it! The main characters, I really liked them, I was getting so bored of the same type of characters in some of the books I read recently, Trent and Halli were so different and refreshing, I loved reading about them. They were great with each other, even though most of the time they were annoying or fighting with each other. At times, I got irritated with Halli, she was so distrustful of Trent, but  I could understand where she was coming from so it was not much issue for me. The story, from the start to end was an adrenaline kick, just like the movie knight and day (I had loved that movie :). I just have to mention the premise of the book, Italy, so beautifully described , i thought Halli was lucky she got lost in Italy 😉! The suspense was intriguing, as we already knew the bad guys, and there were no more unknown villains but still was surprised with the twists towards the end. The ending, the fairy tale one, was sweet , was kind of one that makes your heart happy even though it was fantasy type. I would love to read the next books in the series , I need books for Ben and Rachael. Will surely read Eva and Ben's book!

My rating for Lost in Italy would be 4 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment